Environmental Health & Safety
Our EHS Policy Statement
- Will comply with legal and other requirements that the organization subscribes.
- Is committed to continual improvement and prevention of pollution, accidents and injury/illness (ill health).
- Provides the framework for setting and reviewing Environmental, Health, and Safety objectives and targets using Policies, Procedures & Instructions (PPI’s).
- Assures these elements are documented, implemented, maintained and communicated to all employees with the intent that they are made aware of their individual obligations.
- Makes this policy available to the public and any other interested parties via the external GDMS website.
- Reviews this policy annually, at a minimum, for its appropriateness to our business.
A Commitment to the Environment
We have an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) management system built on our policy statement, goal setting and resource management, comprehensive processes, and a management commitment to targeted improvement. This system includes the use of cross-functional working groups to ensure that safety and environmental requirements are met when designing and manufacturing products and services for our customers.
General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada employees recycle, conserve power and continually develop innovative ways to create highly technical products with low impact to people and the environment. We also support community-based organizations that mutually benefit from our environmentally conscious, safety and recycling efforts.
Did You Know?
Did you know that General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada has won several awards and certifications for our participation in environmental and safety-related programs?
- Power Conservation Certificate of Recognition from the Ontario Power Authority: August 2005
- ISO 14001/18001 Certified: These internationally recognized standards affirms successful implementation of our EHS policy, our efforts to minimize health and safety risk, and environmental impact.
- General Dynamics Corporate Safety Achievement Award: 2003, 2004
- General Dynamics Corporate EHS Achievement Award: 2010
We continuously strive to improve our processes and contributions to benefit our world today and in the future.
Contact the environmental, health and safety team at 613-596-7502 for more information.