|WHAT:||With key industrial capabilities in air and shipborne underwater acoustic systems, airborne mission management systems, C4ISR systems, armoured vehicles and ammunition, General Dynamics is a leading provider of critical defence capabilities to Canada. The company is committed to driving economic benefit to the country through collaboration with local enterprise and through the expansion of international export markets.|
|WHEN:||May 31-June 1, 2017|
|Visit CANSEC for directions, hours and admission information|
|WHERE:||General Dynamics Land Systems — Canada: Booth 1301|
|General Dynamics Mission Systems: Booth 1601|
|General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems — Canada: Booth 1203 and 3201|
General Dynamics Land Systems — Canada will showcase the Ambulance (A) and Maintenance and Recovery (MR) variants of the LAV 6.0 Combat Support Vehicle (CSV) platform in the indoor exhibit (#1301), featuring advanced technology enhancements in survivability and mobility and packaged platform capability. The LAV 6.0 CSV Ambulance is designed to enable highly mobile and protected casualty treatment and evacuation, and the LAV 6.0 CSV MR has an earth blade and crane to enable protected maintenance and recovery operations.
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems — Canada will feature a spectrum of conventional ammunitions provided to the Canadian Armed Forces. Technical experts will be available at booth #1203 to discuss a variety of capabilities in product design, development, improvement and full production for most calibers of conventional ammunition, as well as newly introduced and upcoming new ammunition capabilities.
The outdoor exhibit (#3201), along with partners at MPTS, will feature the new Simunition® 5.56mm FX® Generation 2 cartridge, along with other non‐lethal products and capabilities. These products offer low cost, entirely mobile ways to train anywhere, in any environment, without live fire restrictions. Hands-on demonstrations will be available for visitors to experience the realistic non-lethal training system.
General Dynamics Mission Systems will feature Canadian underwater acoustic solutions and technologies, as well as airborne mission management capabilities developed for the Aurora maritime patrol aircraft and the Cyclone maritime helicopter program.
The company will also showcase core-to-edge capabilities suited to military, first responder and industrial operations in harsh environments, including LTE capability for military and public safety use, and the SHIELD Ecosystem.
Information on the future of Vehicle Electronic Architecture, including Tactical Networking and Routing, Power and Video Distribution, and Mission Computing and Displays will be available.
Cyber Defense Products will also be showcased, and with active National Master Standing Offers and Communications Security Establishment Approved For Use, procurement of these products is simple and faster.
- TACLANE® is the world's most widely deployed Type 1 encryptor and provides high-speed interoperability with Five Eye and coalition partner secure networks. As data traverses the globe in support of missions, proven network protection is an absolute requirement. In addition to the ruggedized for tactical and strategic environments TACLANE-1G (KG-175G) and high-speed for high-bandwidth applications TACLANE-10G (KG-175X), the next-generation of network encryption, TACLANE-FLEX (KG-175F), will be showcased. This customizable platform provides the ability to scale from 100 Mb/s to 1 Gb/s throughput and is the same form and fit of the TACLANE-Micro. And with the management provided through GEMTM One, users can now easily configure, monitor and maintain a dispersed network of encryptors. The trade-in program can help Canadian defence government organizations replace legacy cryptographic equipment easily to modernize their enterprise infrastructure and functionality.
- Sectéra vIPer Universal Secure Phone is the only Voice over IP (VoIP) phone certified to protect information classified Top Secret/SCI and below over commercial wired networks. As the use of VoIP technology grows, vIPer is the smart choice as it allows easy switching between making end-to-end secure and non-secure calls on Voice over IP (VoIP) and analog networks, eliminating the need for multiple desktop phones.
Being introduced to the Canadian defence market for the first time, BluAura mitigates the threat of IP-based cyberattacks between equipment and an enterprise computer network. A patent-pending, commercially available, configurable platform, BluAura serves as the secure endpoint on the network by incorporating General Dynamics' cyber-isolation technology and integrates into existing environments to reduce your network's exploitable attack surface.
In addition, visitors can experience:
- The Digital Modular Radio (DMR) system, AN/USC-61(C): The first secure software-defined radio capability to have become a communications system standard for the U.S. military. The 4-channel DMR supports multiple NATO, coalition and U.S. waveforms.
- Fortress® Wireless: Fortress Wireless solutions provide "always on", rapidly deployable high speed wireless access to critical information needed by law enforcement, first responders, government agencies, military personnel and energy markets.
- Stores Management Systems (SMS): The SMS supports a wide range of MIL Std 1760 and legacy weapons and stores, including Sea Venom and Brimstone, for all modes of operation (air-air, air-ground, air-surface, air-sub surface).
Visitors to the booth can also discuss a variety of General Dynamics Mission Systems' capabilities, including Integrated Mission Systems, like the two variants developed for the upgraded Royal Canadian Air Force Aurora Long Range/Multi-Mission aircraft (P-3) and Cyclone Maritime Helicopter (H-92), in addition to Tactical Data Link - Link 11/16/22 data processing capabilities.
Kristina Davis, General Dynamics Mission Systems-Canada, 613-806-9945 or Kristina.email@example.com
Doug Wilson-Hodge, General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada, 519-871-4140 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurie VanBrocklin, General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems-Canada, 727-204-1355 or Laurie.VanBrocklin@gd-ots.com