WHAT: General Dynamics is a leading provider of key industrial capabilities to Canada, including air and shipborne underwater acoustic systems, airborne mission management systems, C4ISR systems, armoured vehicles and ammunition. The company is committed to driving economic benefit to Canada through collaboration with local enterprise and through the expansion of international export markets.
WHEN: May 30 - 31
Visit https://www.defenceandsecurity.ca/CANSEC/ for directions, hours and admission information
General Dynamics Land Systems–Canada: Booth 1301
General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada: Booth 1601 and 3021
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems–Canada: Booth 1203 & 3201
General Dynamics Land Systems–Canada will showcase several examples of our continued expansion of the Light Armoured Vehicle (LAV) 6.0 family of vehicles. On display will be two LAV 6.0 vehicle demonstrators - The LAV 6.0 Reconnaissance (Recce) and the LAV 6.0 Combat Support Vehicle (CSV) Command Post (CP) - and 1:10 scale model representative of a LAV 6.0 Ground Based Air Defence (GBAD) solution.
The LAV 6.0 Recce integrates a highly modular and stabilized sensor suite that gives soldiers an enhanced ability to perform reconnaissance and targeting at extended ranges. The LAV 6.0 CSV CP gives commanders - while static or mobile - the tools necessary to enhance their situational awareness such that they are able to synchronize, command and control, and employ forces at the right time and right place while on operations. The LAV 6.0 GBAD sensors and specialized weapons systems provide tactical air defence protection to friendly forces and vital installations during operations.
- Reduced Range Ammunition (RRA) provides the same ballistic characteristics and performance of full range operational ammunition with a reduced range match distance. The RRA projectile utilizes a steel core projectile with rearward fins that are used to provide the ballistic drag to stop flight before the maximum distance. The cartridges are designed to function in common rifles at extreme temperatures, without any auxiliary equipment or modifications.
- 5.56mm FX Generation 2 (FX GEN 2) Marking and Non-Marking Cartridges. Our innovative, patented FX GEN 2 delivers an expanded capability set while still maintaining the FX total commitment to safety and reliability. The 5.56mm FX GEN 2 is available in color-marking and non-marking cartridges, and is ideal for target practice in any location or scenario, when utilizing the Simunition® FitLight® electronic targeting system.
- The company’s outdoor exhibit (#3201) will feature the new Simunition® 5.56mm FX® Generation 2 cartridge, along with other non‐lethal products and capabilities. These products offer low cost, entirely mobile ways to train anywhere, in any environment, without live fire restrictions. Along with partners at MPTS, hands-on demonstrations will be available for visitors to experience the realistic non-lethal training system.
General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada will feature underwater acoustic solutions and technologies, as well as airborne mission management capabilities developed for the Aurora maritime patrol aircraft and the Cyclone maritime helicopter program.
The company will also showcase core-to-edge capabilities suited to military, first responder and industrial operations in harsh environments, including LTE capability for military and public safety use, and the SHIELD Ecosystem.
Information on the future of Vehicle Electronic Architecture, including Tactical Networking and Routing, Power and Video Distribution, and Mission Computing and Displays will be available.
The Digital Modular Radio (DMR), AN/USC-61(C) is a complete communication system that provides multiple communication waveforms and multi-level information security for secure tactical and data transmissions aboard U.S. Navy and coalition ships and submarines. The latest DMR enhancement increases transmission rates while reducing static and other audio noise for crisp, clear voice communications. The four-channel DMR operates at HF, VHF, UHF and L-band for DoD operations and coalition interoperability.
Cyber Defense Products will also be showcased, and with active National Master Standing Offers and Communications Security Establishment Approved For Use, procurement of these products is simple and faster.
- TACLANE® provides high-speed interoperability with Five Eye and coalition partner secure networks. As data traverses the globe in support of missions, proven network protection is an absolute requirement. In addition to the ruggedized for tactical and strategic environments TACLANE-1G (KG-175G) and high-speed for high-bandwidth applications TACLANE-10G (KG-175X), we will be showcasing the next generation of network encryption, TACLANE-FLEX (KG-175F). This customizable platform provides the ability to scale from 100 Mb/s to 1 Gb/s throughput and is the same form and fit of the TACLANE-Micro. And with the management provided through GEMTM One, users can now easily configure, monitor and maintain a dispersed network of encryptors. Our trade-in program can help Canadian defence government organizations replace legacy cryptographic equipment easily to modernize their enterprise infrastructure and functionality.
- Sectéra vIPer Universal Secure Phone is the only Voice over IP (VoIP) phone certified to protect information classified Top Secret/SCI and below over commercial wired networks. As the use of VoIP technology grows, vIPer is the smart choice as it allows easy switching between making end-to-end secure and non-secure calls on Voice over IP (VoIP) and analog networks, eliminating the need for multiple desktop phones.
Visitors to the booth can also discuss a variety of General Dynamics Mission Systems' capabilities, including Integrated Mission Systems, like the two variants developed for the upgraded Royal Canadian Air Force Aurora Long Range/Multi-Mission aircraft (P-3) and Cyclone Maritime Helicopter (H-92), in addition to Tactical Data Link - Link 11/16/22 data processing capabilities.
Doug Wilson-Hodge, General Dynamics Land Systems–Canada, 519-871-4140 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristina Davis, General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada, 613-806-9945 or Kristina.Davis@gd-ms.ca
Laurie VanBrocklin, General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, 727-204-1355 or email@example.com
# # #